If you’re looking for an alternative to spaghetti made with wheat flour, and if you also want to eat something low in carbohydrates, I recommend trying courgette or zucchini spaghetti.
To do this, I used a little machine similar to the one they sell on Amazon or a spiralizer. I accompanied this zucchini spaghetti with a bolognese, but it tastes great on its own too.
- 1 large zucchini
- 1 garlic clove (optional)
- Oil or butter
Preparation of the zucchini spaghetti:
- Wash the zucchini.
- Cut the tips off.
- Place the zucchini in the machine and choose the knife made to make spaghetti and cut it.
- Stir-fry sliced garlic.
- Add the sliced zucchini.
- Cook the pumpkin with the garlic for a few minutes, uncovered until it has a soft, but firm consistency.
- Add salt and pepper.
Serve and enjoy.
How to make the bolognese:
- Ground meat or you can use any alternative if you want
- Garlic to taste
- 1 onion
- Salt, pepper, chilli powder
- Tomato puree or 3-4 fresh tomatoes cut into small pieces
- 1 carrot cut into squares
- Oregano (optional)
- Sauté the onion and garlic – stir-fried if you join the instant pot.
- Add the meat and fry.
- Add the diced carrot and tomato.
- Add the oregano and close the pot.
- Let it cook at high pressure for 13 minutes.
If you don’t have a pressure cooker, you can follow all the steps in a normal pressure cooker. When the carrot is somewhat soft and you see that the rest is ready, you can turn it off and serve.
Many times I add peas or other vegetables I have in my kitchen. The important thing to remember is to not let the vegetable cook too quickly, you have to add it close to the end so that it doesn’t overcook.
I hope you enjoy this recipe and if you like it, share it on Facebook!